Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Warned an undercover bike cop about police ahead!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Dan76, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Yesterday while out on the bike up at Beechmont, not long after getting breath tested and Lic check [-(, I happened to give an undercover bike cop (Blackbird) the twisty finger warning that there were cops ahead!!! LOL

There were 2 blackbirds followed by a regular marked bike. I just didn't see the marked one as they came out of the corner.
    Anyway he did gave me a wave :D

Wonder if he found it as funny as I did?? :p
  2. u should be in jail :D
  3. You can only get busted if you flashed your lights though, right?

A hand-signal could mean anything.

... spose he could have done you for 'not having full control of the vehicle' or some made up crap, though, if he didn't like the look of you.
  4. Maybe he just took pity on you riding that piece of......

Damn fine machinery?
  5. Yeah, but not for that!! :D

I can't see how he could do me for letting him know his friends were up ahead!! :p.
    But yep if I flashed him, may have been a different story.

Oooohhhh, you nasty man!! LOL

Gotta say I'm lovin the STR, amazing bike!
  6. Excuse my ignorance, but what is the twisty finger warning?
  7. twisty finger motions a police siren, so the rider is warning you there are police ahead
  8. [​IMG]
  9. You're only required to have one hand on the handlebars at a time, so he couldn't have been charged for not having full control of the verheeecal on that alone. :)
  10. I prefer the silenced version for daily commuting.
  11. Cammo tyres.....cool....
  12. I NEED that bike.
  13. That picture reminds me of Grand Theft Auto... those of you young enough will know how fun it can be rampaging down the streets on vehicles shooting everything in that game...
  14. Thank you for the clarification.

If i see a dude holding a gun in one hand and doing the finger siren thingy with the other, i'll know there is cops around. lol.