Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wanted: Ventura Rack

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Bigchief, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had a Ventura rack for my VTR250 but it came off whilst riding and the traffic following me, drove over it - bending it beyond repair. I'm looking for a replacement rack. I am thinking that the rack is mostly generic and it's only the brackets that fit on the bike that is different. I still have the brackets - so just looking for the ventura rack. Please PM if you have one to sell.

2. So you're after the A frame then, these do come in different sizes, and is classed by the width between the L brackets. If you don't find one just ask at the local dealer... and make sure you get the lock-bolts this time ;)
  3. Ah, is THAT what it is called! Thanks. As far as I know you can't buy the A frame seperately though. You have to buy it as a set, including the bag (which last set me back $345).

I have the lock-bolts but for some reason they must have come loose :oops: :(
  4. Just contacted SCM Lane Cove - they told me I can buy a replacement A frame for $100.
  5. Yeah, I was going to type back that the A frame isn't hard to buy its the L-brackets, because they don't want you to use a cheap bag on their rack... but if you still have the bag you can use the tag inside up to 3 times to buy new L frames for different bikes :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.