Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC wanted triumph street triple

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by njacko, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't seem to find any used street triples around in Melbourne. I'm more interested in the R version. Where are they all? Are they that good? :-s

2. I was looking at Triples and like you I was looking at the R version and when I couldn't find any I wondered.... maybe there are other bikes that are better and there aren't many Triples bought !
  3. Yes - they are that good.

I did speak to a guy who works near me who said he was thinking of selling his, but I saw him ride by the other day so he obviously hasn't sold it yet.
  4. No. People just wont sell them.
  5. people definitely buying them, see at least 1-2 a week just riding to and from work. was thinking about selling mine. after a quick blast to the dealer to fix electrical issues and hoping it wouldn't die on the way, I think I'll keep it just a little longer. even after leaking coolant, loose exhaust bolt, loose battery connector, radiator fan issues, feeling of arse on fire from the engine at the lights, losing power/electrics, possible r/r and stator issues. It's just a great bike to ride, kinda forget all these problems once you hear the sweet triple tune scream. all these problems just give it more character :)
  6. spoken like a true fan :)
  7. Yeah, back to the good old days when Triumph bikes were renowned for their faults and it allowed the Japs to take over the bike market.
    I thought times had changed!
  8. yes they r that good x2!! 25,000kms & just over a yr down, happy woman i am :wink:
    Awesome to tour with too.

..... i hav a friend who will most likely sell if there's no riding after summer so more TBA on this
  9. dude mine is for sale its not a R but after a bit of tweaking will beheave like one :) pm me if interested
  10. ah, too late, too late. I just wanted one for 6 weeks while i was back in Melbourne. Now it's back to the UK to my mighty Ducati Multistrada 1200s....when the snow clears.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.