Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WANTED: Triumph Speedmaster parts

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Azzab, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys I have started the strip down on the Speedy and need a few bits. Major parts are the right header and foot brake assembly. I think I might be able to get away with the master cylinder, it has some damage but only minor from what we can tell. Willing to buy the whole thing though if I can.

Other damaged bits inc mirrors, leavers, indicators and other bits which I might just buy after market goodies for!

I’d be interested to hear from people who have repaired RWO’s before and any little sneaky things I need to know or should check J

2. Hey mate, I repaired my Daytona 675. Engine covers, fairings, levers, grips, bar ends, pegs, swing arm etc etc etc.

Nothing much to it really. Make sure you get new gaskets if you're repairing engine covers, and don't over tighten the cover or they will crack and you will have to buy another one. Recommend some liquid gasket in addition to the template ones.

Other than that, use some medium strength loctite (red bottle, blue liquid) on most bolts and you'll be right.

Only parts I have is a Triumph quickshifter 09-12 I believe (fregin awesome mod). Slightly scratched indicator (may have a new one too), BMC race filter and carbon bits that will fit the daytona.

Sold the steering dampner. That's the best mod you can do.
  3. Hahaha quickshifter on a Speedmaster, that'd be a hoot!

Thanks for the response and a couple of great points there. Cant wait to start, just want it rideable already :)
  4. I think you confused Myoda when you used the term "Speedy", typically that is slang for a Speed Triple..

Although i can see you had Speedmaster in the title, until i noticed that i thought the same...
  5. Ah gotya, thought a QS on a cruiser was a bit ambitious!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.