Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wanted: rubber port cover from Sena SMH10

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Greydog, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Wanting to know if anyone has a dead Sena? Need the rubber port cover thingy as mine has disappeared. Thought I'd try my luck here bc you never know what people have...

2. Can you make a new 'plug' using some silicone? (Like the eBay silicone mix putty you can buy to make your own ear plugs?)
  3. Nothing worse than loosing your rubber port plug !
  4. I will have a look around I did/do have a dead SMH10 around can't remember what I did with it though.
  5. Ok, ta.

Not sure if I can make something that'd stay put without clogging up the port itself. I used to use blu tack but I was nervous it'd clog. The original port plug had a flap that went under a bar on the unit to hold itself on.
  6. you are looking for Sugru. google it.
  7. No, that stuff bonds and has to be cut off. I need something that can be put on and removed again when I want to charge the unit.
  8. wack a condom on it
  9. Small piece of duct tape to close the hole?
  10. Yes I could do that (the duct tape), and I have done similar, but just fishing for a more permanent solution.

Think the condom might affect the reception...
  11. What about using a usb plug that you can 'sacrifice' by cutting, grinding to plug the hole?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. don't know about that
    ive never had any complaints
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I don't think it'd be waterproof. But appreciate the suggestion.