Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC WANTED: Old Stuff!

Discussion in 'Wanted' at netrider.net.au started by maduncle, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there folks,

My wife and I recently moved into our new dwelling above a shop in Thornbury that my wife now runs. It is called 'the manufactory' and we sell vintage homewares and industrial fittings. All the cool vintage stuff that folks now like to dress up thier homes with.

My job (between rides) is to hunt down old stuff for the shop, so I now have a legitimate reason to go to swap meets!

I thought I might as well put the call out through the forum for any old stuff, particularly if you are a bit of a hoarder and have a shed full. I don't mind a long drive if I get to fill the 4WD up.

We like to buy old bottles, old timber shoe lasts, old ladders, bird cages, suitcases, trunks, boxes, old interesting factory fittings, kitchenware, old workshop tools, anything old and cool looking really.

So if you are planning a clear out, or if you have spotted a good source of old stuff in your travels - please PM me and let me know.

Cheers,

(maduncle) Cliff.

2. Maduncle, you have loved my childhood. My Dad's self-employed business was to demolish old houses (I can't remember if he got paid for that) with the agreement to clear the whole site, but with rights to everything. And the main part of the business was the timber yard where all that carefully dismantled stuff would be sold - timber, corrugated iron, bathroom fittings. This was before recycling became trendy, and there was a certain degree of distaste among certain sets of people, just as there was about shopping at Vinnies, which in the end meant it was too much hassle (from the Lords and Ladies of the small town bigoted Council). But the cool part was mine: as old cupboards in the dusty sheds of deceased estates were prized open, or the insides of walls or undersides of floors were revealed, there would be a stash of 1920s racing magazines, or a hat, a few coins, or some old mechanical instrument. A historically-bent ten year old's dream!

3. Hey Maduncle

I have some stuff that you may be intested in. I will compile a list and take some photos. If you would like to PM me your email address I will send them to you.

Thanks

Xavier

4. Far out - this is working a treat!

Thanks to you lot for getting back to me, I have had several PM's with offers to sell me all sorts of old stuff.

- and mattb, thanks for the back story - but did you keep any of the stuff you found???

5. Just the jar of coins I slowly filled over the years. And a desire to live in the past.

6. I have 3 Vacuum pumps from milking machine's..8-[

7. I'm sure you can find a sick and twisted individual to sell those to so they can make exotic cheese

8. You betcha,. They give a great suck..

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.