Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Want to look at some bike shops, Melb

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by OscarA, May 1, 2009.

1. Sorry if this is the wrong section for posting this but not sure where to post it.
    I want to go and look at a few bikes and not sure which are the better places to go.
    I would like to go to shops which are clustered close to each other as I'm only looking so don't want to take a 20 min drive just to see one shop.
    I've been to Elizabeth street and I've been to Ringwood so anywhere else I could try?
    I'm located in Blackburn so willing to drive to most places this side of town.

Thanks.. Oscar

2. Those two are a good start.

Are you looking to buy or looking to look? And any idea of a bike you’re looking for.
  3. Just looking to look for now, will be buying soon but still probably 4-6 weeks away from buying.
    Just got my L's so looking at mainly 250's
    list below of the bikes I'll like to try, sit on only I'm not confident to test ride

FZX250 Zeal
    250 Hornet
    250 Bandit

Budget only $2500-3500 so more than likely it'll be a private purchase when the time comes.
  4. If you're just trying them on for size, then the city is the best place to start. When it comes time to do a deal though be prepared to travel to find the best.
  5. Thanks, might pop down just for a look as you say it's very close to me.
    Might try those Ferntree Gully shops next week

True the city is probably where I'll find the biggest choice of stores, I haven't been to Sumotos yet so that might be another option (just to look).
    When the time comes to buy I'll pretty much go anywhere.
    Thanks for your advise guys
  6. You could also try Dandenong, there's a few bike shops down there which are pretty close to eachother along princess hwy and geoff taylors woud be a couple of minutes walk around the corner.
  7. There's also a Suzuki and Yamaha at Ferntree Gully on the left hand side of Burwood Highway (looking towards Mt D) between Oaklands Ave and Westley St. Its just a little past the BP servo where Ferntree Gully Rd meets Burwood Hwy. Support a local store if you can.
  8. if you are out n ferntreegully drop into madbiker and talk to brett
    he's a top guy and does prepurchase inspections
  9. Thanks for the link I was wondering who to call for an inspection when the time comes.

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be off to Ferntree Gully and Dandenong next week as well as Sumotos.
  10. hey haf u found ur bike yet???

m also luking around for 1...
  11. Yes, I ended up getting a FZX250 Zeal from a private seller.
    I found dealers were to expensive and most bikes in my novice opinion weren't worth the $4000-6000 they were asking.
    Especially since a lot of the bikes were 10 years old or older.
  12. oh wow...
    u got an awesome luking zeal there!!! omg!!!
    where did u find it???
    i want 1 toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    how much did u end up paying???
  13. Thanks wings9000 the Zeals are a nice looking bike.
    I got it through ebay and ended up paying $2100 for it plus $90 for a RWC.
    Still has 2 mths rego left so I believe I got a very good deal.
    There are bargains out there you just need to look and have a little bit of luck on your side.