Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Want to buy classic bike Need information

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by ozzdriver, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Hi guys
    I fell in love with a nice bike. It's a 1968 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 250cc. Is there someone who know this brand?

2. It's Italian.

What else do you want to know.

If a real HD branded one then I think all those came with the spindliest forks ever - barely suitable for a 125.

But other wise, very cool looking...

Trevor G

PS If it's one of the 6 Ala Verde (non HD) models sold by Ryans in the early 70s then I want one! These were NOS brought in from Singapore, and were 67s, if I remember rightly.
  3. Spare parts

Do you think i can get spare parts easely?
  4. Picture

I would like to show you some pictures but i am not allowed to ad pictures here
  5. It's an ala verde

If you want to have a look please go to www . easysell . com . au and type in the search box 226. I can't send you a picture yet because i have lo list 5 posts
  6. The best place for info is a club,try looking in the back of those Bikes for sale mags for a club listing,the early race bikes were jewels,Harley acquired the Aermacchi brand in the AMF Ira,there are a few getting around in the classic race scene,BTW google is your friend and it looks a peach.Even so old bikes are spendy and I have the receipts to prove it.
  7. Re: Here i a pic

AAah, easy to forget. They were branded HD then!

Anyway, $12,000 AUD plus shipping, GST and all is a lot to pay, but it is a very nice looking bike... buy it if you can.

You won't make any money on it at that price, but it is a work of art. I wanted one back in 1974 but didn't have the funds. They sold then for $1,000 new in the crate, around the same price as a new, Japanese 250, but these particular ones were NOS (new old stock) and had never been sold or even uncrated.

You should find spares in Italy. They were never actually imported and sold in Aus officially.

Trevor G
  8. [​IMG]

tank is huuuuge
  9. Thanks everybody

Thank you guys for the information

10. what can say , that pic just got me fat.
    I hope it works out for you
  11. HAWT as hell!
  12. Buy it. It is cheap.
  13. If you're asking such basic questions here, you probably shouldn't buy it, or anything like it.
  14. That's what I'm thinking.

This could be disasterous. I'll buy it off you in six months for three grand. :grin:
  15. Buy them all and control the market in lemon bikes from the past!
  16. It'd be a nice bike to have in a collection, but seriously dude, $3000 should pull it up and then be prepared to spend every second weekend fixing it. And that is if you only ride it once a month.
  17. The real joy of owning that bike would be to roll up to a HOG meeting on it... :LOL:
  18. If you really like this sort of thing, get a ducati 250 single.

Most beautifull bikes, it'll be a pain in the arse, but at least the parts and support network exists for them.