Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Want to be a forum moderator?

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Mouth, Feb 23, 2006.

1. We are looking to add a few extra moderators to the Netrider forums.

You will be able to, at least for now, moderate one forum only. Some forums may stay with the current mods, some may get 1 extra mod, and a few may get 2 or 3 extra mods.

* Uphold and apply, to the best of fairness, the Netrider forum terms and conditions, and guidelines.
    * Be on the forums at least daily, and have enough time at your disposal to fully read all topics and posts within your forum.
    * Have a willingness to edit, move, or delete posts and topics where appropriate, should they not meet the terms and conditions or be unsuitable for your forum.
    * Attention to detail and diligence.
    * Respond to 'blue cards' received for posts within your forum

If you would like to be a moderator, and meet the requirements above, then please email us with a few words on why you would like to be a mod, and nominating which forum would be your preference. Let us know a 2nd alternative forum you would like to moderate too, if you have one, in case your preferred forum already has enough moderators.

We will consider the requests over the next few days and likely 'activate' the new mods next week.
  2. oooooooohhhhh baby :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :LOL:
  3. Power to the people! Would like to apply but I can't guarantee I can do it everyday. Have periods away with work without reliable internet access.
  4. what's the pay like?
  5. Daily abuse from people that disagree with how things are done :p
  6. Not too dissimilar to wedded bliss then hey ..
  7. Sigh, the lure of unlimited Netrider power :twisted:

Alas, the responsibilities of an even busier job :cry:
  8. Ummm pass sorry...

I don't have time to keep up with everything I have to do now!

Moike would make a good moderator though... I don't think I've ever seen him react to anything in anything other than a measured and thoughtful way.

Well with the obvious exception of buying an R100RS :LOL:
  9. Already got that sort of job thankt :)
    So the new printing system is almost operational and suddenly staff have realised that its actually going to effect THEM and not just every one else. ROTFL
  10. I have years of experience moderating (and adminstrating busy forums) - happy to help out with any technical/modification issues you have with the forum application/website - not as keen to be a mod...
  11. Why the need for extra Mods ?
    well i think its because
    a. Jasons got a baby on the way and he will be busy with that
    b. Vics got a baby on the way .......actually no he hasnt thats just his gut :grin:
    c. Flips in love
    d. steve , well i dont know what steves doing

I just realised
    wooowhooo.......run amok time :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  12. You are forgetting one thing tho Glen, I finish up at my place of employment next Friday (3rd) so I will be lurking around keeping an eye on you :p
  13. Me! Me! Pick me! I am an Emergency Nurse Door Biatch.. I know crap when I see it and it takes ALOT to offend me....I get called nasty things all the time..why not deserve it for a change! :wink: :grin:
  14. Oh please please give me the job, i'll straighten this forum right out :twisted:
  15. Moderators in nurses uniforms eh...
    well as long as it isn't Vic! ;)
  16. I vote Moike!

I'd love to moderate but would probably end up banning Mouth and Vic.
  17. Well, beats self-abuse, I suppose.

/Get it? BEATS?
    //WAAAAAAAA I kill me.
  18. My second vote would be Glitch! and first!
  19. Gee Thanks smee! If I wanted the job, You'd have ruined it for me by now!

20. For those posting they want to be a mod, I think vetting stage 1 is that you read Mouth's directions (i.e. send him an email)

I think then vetting stage 2 is that your an actual netrider member rather than just a member of the forum (since all those so far who've posted so far wanting to be a mod, ain't become a member)

:LOL: :LOL: