Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Want a Kwakabusa?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Gromit, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Why am I not the least bit surprised that this project is the master mind of an Englishman? As the article says, the Norvins and the like were just exactly this in their time (except this starts, stops and doesn't leak oil :p )
  2. That's some nice work - hopefully there's more marriages out there eh!
  3. From the photos it looks like a very neat job.

But as the person who left a comment on the site said - surely the original Kawasaki has enough power already? You have to wonder whether the end result justifies all the effort (and $$$).

I like the idea of creative mix-and-matching with modern machinery, though. I wonder what other brilliant hybrids we could come up with, given a few hours and a couple of bottles of red? :LOL:
  4. Well, I believe you can shoe-horn Loz's 900 Hornet engine into my 600 Hornet frame..... hmmmmmm
  5. The busa motor has more low/mid grunt and the cams are not as aggresive, as far as I know.
    Yeah that got me thinking. Could you buy a bike with no motor in it from a dealer and buy an engine from another manufacturer.

Cheers :cool:
  6. You probably COULD, but they'd both run for the hills at the mention of the word 'warranty'.....

But a 125 frame Aprilia with the 250 engine would be nice...... :grin:
  7. I've got one! How about taking an engine from Harley Davidson and putting it into a frame of a sports bike? .... nah, that's been done...

... well, how about taking a street bike frame/engine and tacking them onto the high suspension and wheels of a cross-country bike?!? ... ummm... that's not it either...

... as the saying goes: 'relax - somebody's already thought of it'!