Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wanna see your place from above??

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pvda, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Google Earth allows you to zoom in to just about anywhere on earth from satelite pictures but it really chews into your download time and wont work on dial up.

This is a more dial up friendly version and allows you to type in the address rather than having to try and find it manually as you do on Google Earth.

Only Melbourne & Canberra are currently on line but other locations are to follow.

Click here to try it out.

Certainly makes you think twice about sunbathing naked in your backyard from now on :p
  2. The photos are a couple of years old though (at least) (on the dial up one) - our house has changed considerably in the past 1.5 years, and I know the photo is older than that...
  3. Photo's are ~3.5 years old :( My house has been built for 2 years, and houses around it for 3. All these photo's show is vacant land where the developers knocked down the racing track and have just finished making the roads for stage 1
  4. Bugger!!! My house isnt even there yet :(
  5. I had a look at this the other day. I zoomed around the Latrobe Valley area. Mustn't have great detail for non-metro areas, as details is absent when I zoom right in, and further out I can't see any of the power station works areas, inc. open cut mines, ash ponds and so on.

Maybe it's a Firefox thing...

6. Not to sure about that . Had a look at our place and the driveway is there and we only got that done 7 months ago.

7. Its going to hurt bad alright, watch out at coffee tonight :x :D
  8. I tried to look up the following people houses:

bourbourn Bob

and it zoomed in on the old "J" division at the now defunked Pentridge Jail :LOL:

9. You're cruisin' for a bruisin' groberts you!!! :x . I was never in J section with rest of those women!!!! :LOL:
  10. sorry mate , it must have been "C" division for you :LOL: :LOL:
  11. The pic of HQ is at least 4 years old. The roof hasnt been painted and Mum's car is in the driveway, she moved to the UK 4 years ago and had sold her car in June 2001.
  12. Also try out World Wind from NASA.

Is a big download and then needs broadband for pics (which are from 2000 / 2001) but well worth a look.
  13. Could you check whats orbiting above groberts before you decide to walk around the yard nude . :shock: :wink: