Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wanna see a netrider on TV?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MV, Jul 2, 2010.

1. A couple of months ago, Channel 10 came to my work to film a segment for the kids TV show Scope, I have just heard it will be aired on 10th July 2010.

Now, I haven't seen it & I won't get to see it before hand, so I'm taking a bit of a risk here, I remember it was bloody awkward when we were filming, so I probably look like a right tool, but, oh well...

It could go the other way too, & we could have our own reality TV show the week after, but I doubt it. Fixing speakers doesn't have the level of conflict of American Chopper, Pimp My Truck etc, or the danger of Extreme Swamp Helicopter Loggers, or whatever the latest reality show is!
  2. are ya cute? worth watching? ;)

haha, what time's it on? i'll prob be at worksies.
  3. Of course! Some say I could be the twin brother of Fabio. Those people are taking the piss though.

You'll have to watch & tell me I guess.

9 am, 10th july!
  4. Netrider is best appreciated in a text-based environment, as proof, consider my avatar :LOL:
  5. They did the same thing at my work place, but the process engineers were the focus of their segment. I was surprised at how scripted it was - there's plenty of drama's around here without having to make them up! lol
  6. Given how easily engineers are distracted by shiny objects I'm not suprised it was scrip . . . . . . hang on. Is that a metals index you have there?
  7. The only thing I know that distracts any engineer is beer, myself included.
  8. Beers????

nah uh!

9. As I was saying, "shiny objects".
  10. Cool, did you get on the show Rob?

Yes, lots of scripting, about 4 hours of filming & lots of voiceovers at the end of it too, all for probably less than a 5 min segment in the end!

11. But I's workses on Saturdays :( Can ya put it on youtube!? :D :applause: PLEASE!!?!??

edit : why is the clappy hands smiley not working!?
  12. Possibly, unless it's really bad, then I will ask for this thread to be deleted & we will never speak of it again! :rofl:
  13. Deleted. Nope. Dispatched to the depths of the Holding area. Yes.
    Then, just when you've gotten over the embarrassment and think we've all forgotten...... :demon: out it comes BwwaaaHaHaHaHaHa!

Although it can be avoided if certain ;) arrangements can be agreed upon :deal:
  14. Nope, they weren't interested in crusties like me.
  15. QuarterWit was on the Einstein Factor ABC

and i remember he got a motorcycle question wrong hehehe (sorry bro)
  16. Well, it was on this morning, actually much better than I though it would be! Should be up on the Scope website soon, I'll post a link when it's up!
  17. Cool bananas :D
  18. Close! It's called "Magnetic Mayhem", you can view it here:

But, you have to scroll down to "Scope", then it's episode 2/3 from Saturday 10th July. There's a picture of a speaker.
  19. you have a big metal knob on your chin :D