Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wall of Death

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mattb, Oct 28, 2010.

1. #1 mattb, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

:shock: Not even a pair of gloves....

Somehow it reminds me of the way peak hour feels.

2. hey at least the white car indicated when coming back down :)
  3. Yikes!! I would have thought the cars would have had to be going much faster than that to manage getting up on the sides... Shows how little I know about physics I guess.

I've jumped out of an aeroplane at 14,000ft but you still wouldn't get me to stand at the top of that for too long...too scared something would break, or someone would oversteer...
  4. How about standing at the bottom, as half a dozen blokes were! :eek:
  5. 'Mad skills' seems a most appropriate comment.
  6. the physics are the same for bikes and cars. friction force is dependant on the normal force. the normal force (centripetal in this case) is dependent on the mass. the shear is dependent on the mass. so the bike and car need to travel at the same speed.

the same reason a nissan patrol can stop in the same distance as a yaris. (assume good suspension tyres etc) the friction force is proportional to the mass and the momentum is proportional to the mass. so an increase in momentum comes with an equal increase in friction to stop it.
  7. I feel learn-ed... Thank you.
  8. *yawn*... and they had a lion

9. lion... awesome :D
  10. If you ever get the chance to watch a Wall of Death show, do it. Back in the UK, if The MotoDrome Co (ISTR) were at an event, I always made a point of going.

If nothing else, the sheer sound of a 1920s Indian, on open pipes, in a confined space, combined with the Castrol R fumes, was petrolhead heaven =P~.

Edit: Just watched the video, now I'm not at work. I've got to admit the cars were a bit freaky. Still, I guess it's a pretty good simulation of Indian urban traffic :shock:.
  11. Mad Skills