Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Walking in gear through CBD

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nina, May 30, 2012.

1. Since riding I have discovered one interesting feature:
    If walking in the CBD wearing my gear, people move out of my way and leave me space. Instead of bumping into me because it's busy, I actually have room to move :D

Well the look that people give me, I can live without. Maybe my imagination plays a part as well, when I believe that people stare at me, just because I am wearing motorcycle gear?

Am I the only one who believes that people move out of my way, due to me wearing my gear?

2. i walked into myer womens wear wering my full race suit, boots and gloves and matte black helmet with tinted visor.

They didnt find it as funny as i did and now im banned from womens wear.
    • Like Like x 13
  3. What kind of gear?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ^ don't do it phil
  5. I nearly did. LoL
  6. this happens to me all the time. i park my bike a block away from where i work and walk up through the cbd to get to my office.

since it's been colder, i've been wandering around in my jacket and boots for longer than i did in summer (i'd ditch the jacket the moment i got off the bike then). i've also gone on a few lunchtime excursions.

people, especially other women, take an inexplicable interest in me when i'm wearing motorbike boots and jacket, and holding a helmet. everyone gets out of my way. it's weird.

like, dudes, it's a bike with a motor, not a unicorn. go about your business.8-[
    • Like Like x 2

7. I feel like this when I'm walking with my jacket on.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Leather
    Something about it ....
  9. It's because you smell.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I want a Unicorn now.....
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I've had that happen as well, walked through a Westfield shopping centre and everyone just looked at me in a weird way. Also I get blank stares from the other girls at work when I talk about riding my bike, its a real conversation stopper! I even park my bike right outside the office door and have my helmet sitting on my desk, and yet even after a while of doing that, one of the girls still thought I rode a pushbike.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. That is big time :bannanabutt:
  13. Here ya go....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. #14 ibast, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  15. Hahaha picturing that in my head makes a funny movie lol
  16. #16 POPEYE, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    WTF how the **** does this get 63million plus views!!!
  17. I know what you're saying ametha. I tried walking through Bunnings with full leathers and I felt so self conscious - with the stares and people moving out of my way (while staring), I nearly walked out without the no-more-gaps! I'd never go the whole Westfield thing :D
  18. It might have something to do with the public perception that everyone that rides a motorbike is part of a club that goes around shooting each other.

I've gone to watergardens shopping centre with my gear on I can't recall people moving out of my way but it's not nearly as packed as the CBD.
  19. I am 6'4" tall and my shoulders are 3'6" wide. That is a standard reaction for me. Even more now I have shoulder length hair for the first time, and my beard is coming in nicely. Then I get my leathers on...
  20. Because it's interweb gold