Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Walhalla Sunday 17.04.05

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by Urban, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Date: 17.04.05

Time: 0900

Meeting Location:Lillydale BP, Maroondah Hwy, Lillydale
    http://www.whereis.com.au/whereis/mapping/zoomMap.do?mapIndex=2&brandId=1&level=3

Route: Lillydale - Noojee - Walhalla
    http://www.nowwhereroute.com/travel...STEST&ViaTown1=yarra+junction&ViaTown2=noojee

Other details: I'm down to my last demerit point so won't be warp factor nine, thankfully most of this trip is fun at legal speeds. Can return via same route or I'm open to any suggestions that don't include spending too much time on the freeway.

Probably a bit over 300kms for the day.

Everyone welcome.

2. Had a run between Rawson & Tyers two weekends ago and be aware of a section of recent works with a bit of loose stuff to contend with.

3. Damn,
    I wanted to do that ride. Unfortunately wont be in town that weekend.

Have fun!

4. :) I should be in for this, put me down for maybe atm.

5. I'll be heading out there on the Saturday.
    Can let you know of road conditions. :)

6. Time for some HART: ride for life test rides me thinks.

7. Still dont have it back? Man id be cracking some skulls by now.

8. I just got 6 back(2x3(2 for speeding, 1 for no L plate) point losses within about 3 weeks of eachother)!!!! Wooooo......ive been on one point for about 2.5 years. Im back down to only 5 demerit points. Thats less than half!!! Its been a looooooong time since Ive had that few against my name :p

9. What do you expect? The bike is at Peter Stevens (PoS) to be "Repaired".

I'll be exceptionally happy when my insurance, taken out through PoS, expires so I don't have to put up with the same shit in the event of an accident.

10. I hearby nominate Cowboy to sit out the front of this ride and set the pace. :LOL:

I'll be quite happy to hide behind someone, if they feel like going quicker.

11. Guys,

Thought I'd let you know I was on the route that you have marked out today. There was roadwork in two spots:
    small amount on main street Noojee after you turn right at the intersection
    and about 2 * 1/2 km stretches near Tanjil South.
    The rest is pretty smooth.
    Enjoy. :D

G

12. Due to havin no brakes I won't be able to do this ride, if anyone decides to go have fun.

13. Just looking at that map of the route. A coupla suggestions. Before reaching Noojee, turn right and head south. A nice twisty bit of road. Comes out on the Noojee-Neerim Sth Road. Just after NS, you can turn left and head towards Walhalla. Gets you onto that road to Mt Baw-Baw from near Drouin Princes Hwy.

Should be a good run. Weather is fine and 24 degs.

14. reply

Hey G -

Was that you at Erica outside the pub today about 4 ish?

I saw two blokes and a blonde fem there. I was on a red BMW. The people waved to me and I waved back. I was going towards the dam.

Brian

15. reply

How did the ride go???

I arrived at 1pm at Walhalla, no sign of anyone. Spoke to a few riders there but they knew nix.

Had a beer and waited till 1-45pm and then left. Saw a few bikes coming in. Was that you lot?

I went for a spin through Haunted Hills - Thorpdale - Mirboo Nth - Boolarra - Churchill - Traralgon. Round trip 180k.

Regards

Brian