Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Waiting at traffic lights

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by jisk, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apparently in NZ it is legal to ride through a red on a bike if you wait at least one full light cycle and the traffic lights to not give you a green (based on some case law and enforced in the courts).

What is the law in Aussie if an induction loop doesn't pick up your bike? Anyone know?

MOD: do they also teach you in NZ how to work out which state you are referring to in order to clarify your legal question and to read forum rules properly?
  2. law says tough titties.
    i suggest using your initiative, and activating pedestrian signals like some riders i know. i myself would never perform such a dangerous act :LOL:

or if its a red arrow, try going straight ahead, and doing a u-turn somewhere, then turning left.

or run the red if its clear, i dont mind. the judge might though :p
  3. Bugger. I guess this is the one area that NZ is better than Aussie. Still, not enough to make me move back there :LOL: :LOL:
  4. I had a cop car sitting down from a set of lights that I was sitting at. Waited two cycles and it still didn't give me the green, so had to run it with the cops sitting just 100m down the road! Gladly they didn't do anything, i'm hoping they saw the time i was sitting at the lights waiting!
  5. they have traffic lights in NZ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.