Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Waited 35 years to buy a bike!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Happy Pappy, Apr 12, 2015.

1. The kids are all grown up and gone so I finally decided to make a 35 year dream come true. I bought a bike. In my younger years I tore around Sydney's north shore trails on a little Yammy 125 but that was the end of my time riding.

Saw a net add for a "Like New" 2011 America with only 950 Klm's on the clock at A1 Motorcycles in Ringwood, Victoria. I wasn't planning to buy until the end of the year but this one sounded too good to ignore.

I am in Queensland and more than a little worried about the risk of buying sight unseen so I had the bike inspected by a nice chap named Alan of Pals Automotive services just to be on the safe side.

He reported it starts and runs well, no signs of any faults but there's a bit of chrome pitting and dulling of some bright work going on here and there which is not unusual for a four year old bike I suppose.

A couple of calls back to Geoff and John at A1 Motorcycles and I'm now the new owner.

It is now on it's way to Sunstate Motorcycles in Maroochydore where they will be doing the roadworthy and adding a few things for me.

There is a potential minor hick-up though. Geoff from A1 Motorcycles phoned me late Friday afternoon to let me know he noticed an engine warning light come on when he was taking the bike to the transport company. He said it would only be something minor and they would pay for it to be fixed if it turned out to be a problem. I found his honesty and offer to pay to have any problem fixed very comforting - when you buy sight unseen it is good to be dealing with honest and decent people.

I have not seen my bike in person yet, but here is an image of my new Triumph from the add....

I wanted to share my story because buying sight unseen is not as risky as some people may think, but then again I guess it depends who you are buying from.

Happy Pappy
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Congrats mate and enjoy the new ride!
  3. Welcome to NR Happy PappyHappy Pappy and hope to hear about your adventures on that gorgeous bike when you get your hands on it. :)
  4. Congrats on the bike & Welcome to NR!
  5. Well done ! Congrats on the bike, it does look good in the pic ! &its never too late, i waited till a bit older to get licence, at least i think i outgrew the "young idiot " stage by now !!
  6. Well done, keep us posted.
  7. Welcome Happy Pappy.

I wish you very much joy of your Trumpie.

Thirty five years, eh? Sometimes I wish I had that kind of self control. ;-)
  8. welcoema aboard Happy PappyHappy Pappy that's a nice looking bike great colour scheme too
  9. I know exactly how you feel by achieving that dream as no doubt others on here would. Welcome to the site and enjoy your new lease on life.
  10. Welcome to NR...

It's never too late. ;)