Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Frenchie, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Hello,

27yro male new fella here

Got the L's two weeks ago - looking at making a big purchase in the next few weeks due a fairly good tax return - so likely going with a 2012 Ducati 659 ABS.

2. Welcome Frenchie, That was a good tax return. :) Where abouts are you based?
  3. G'day, nice choice put up some pics and embelish your story.
  4. Welcome matie - enjoy your stay. :)
  5. Welcome to NR @Frenchie! Nice choice of bike. I'm jealous now.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hiho Frenchie! that's a monster of a bike you're getting ;) profiter de la balade!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the welcome guys - absolutely will post up some pics soon.

I hopefully pick her up next weekend, else the weekend after that.

Just got my leathers from MCAS in Carringbah NSW - bloody ripper of a joint.. really helpful staff too. Always fun blowing a few grand on new toys :)

Sydney - I'll have to update the profile ;)
  8. Frenchie,

A noice first ride. The challenge is to ensure it stays right side up. Be careful with it as being a Duc it will cost big bucks if you mark it. Where are your buying it from? Frasers at Homebush?
  9. Welcome mate - a lovely bike to start out with ya lucky bugger :D

Enjoy her - stay safe
  10. I've had some good experience with casual dirt bike riding - feeling pretty good about managing the heavier weight etc - especially after the learner course.. but meh, anything can happen - that's why insurance costs a bit of a packet :)

Frasers Wollongong

I know - lucky indeed !
  11. Welcome to NR.

Nice choice of bike there. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Here she is:

First ride: Wollongong to Sydney - bloody great bike! Scared myself half to death on the freeway, but I was with a mate on his fulls and we did just fine.

Really need to work on my riding position - feel like the tendons in my left wrist are about to snap!

Fark, exhausted.. physically drained. Certainly a good choice of bike - a dream. My mate commented he is pleasantly surprised with the quality of the parts/ the seat, internals and such.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You're gripping the bars too tight. Support yourself with your core and squeeze your thighs.
    Remember that the handlebars are a form of input only, not support.

Imagine you're holding a small bird in your hand, keep your grip light enough so as not to crush it.

Let your elbows sag a bit and have your forearms more parallel to the road. Remember, relax and move with the bike, don't fight it.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nice bike, congratulations. Bike fitness comes with time, you will feel less tired after a ride as your skills improve.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Bang on. Almost an echo of what my mate told me after I really started to feel the consequence of my incorrect technique. Unfortunately, the damage was done - even when I did all those things the pain was still there.

Lesson learned - next weekend I will make sure it doesnt happen ;)

Cheers mate
  16. Internals ? So you've had to strip it for repairs already ? Typical Ducrappi
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Frenchie, meet Blabbs
    • Like Like x 1
  18. LOL

We were checking a few things out - well, he was.
  19. Now you need 2K for Termis
  20. I missed this