Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WA - Stolen Scooter

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by ScootaNut, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I'm doing what I can to spread the word about my scooter being stolen. I'm hoping someone either sees it or knows who took it. Any help would be appreciated.

It's a red Vmoto Montego has been stolen. It was taken after it broke down in Ballajura on the 14th of January at about 5:45pm while I was walking to a public phone to call my parents for help. I've sent emails to Vmoto dealers as well as any scooter or motorbike shops around the area incase the theives try to purchase new parts to fix it.

The bike had been idling too fast & a guy at work who maintained his own motorbikes had a look at the idle for me. I don't know whether this is related but the engine was making a whiring noise when I tried a restart after it had stalled at a roundabout.

The licence plate - 1C0 769
    Engine No. - BZ15 2QMI 2606 0605

Thanks all

2. Noted. As I live very close to ballajura/malaga, I'll keep an eye open for any red vmoto's I see and if I see it, I'll kick the thief's head in for ya!

3. great! Find out where they live & I'll send mum's partner around. He's furious enough to do some real damage

4. thats a real pain in the arse mate. I hope you get her back soon and undamaged.

I assume you've done a police report?

Insurance?

good luck anyway.

5. Thanks Duff. Honestly though I'd had enough of that scooter & was actually going to trade it in this weekend for a Piaggio Fly.

When I get the new bike it's going to have all the whizzbang security features including this disc lock - http://www.xenasecurityusa.com/product/motorbikes/alarm/page1/

unfortunately the dealer doesnt stock the fluro yellow lock but I think the 110dB alarm will be enough of a deterrent

6. 110DB!?
    OMFG hahahahahaa THATS LOUD

my BAND doesn't go that loud at gigs. Actualy ... It's ilegal to go that loud in residential areas as a band.. but my GOD.. alarm of death . :p

7. Oh wow! That's it, I've fallen head over heels in love - with a Piaggio Fly 125. It had been a toss up between the Bug Agility & Fly but after riding the Fly I'm not even going to bother with the Agility. I love it, love it, love it. Solid feel on the road, 12" wheels, solid disc & drum brake setup, two seat options - one for the taller riders & another for the more... vertically challenged. I went for the shortarse seat & it was SO comfy. I tell you I had a big grin on my face before I had even left the carpark.

I'm goig for a new jacket also, a Corazzo 5.0 cream/red. These are very comfy & from all accounts have enough venting to allow for warmer weather while allowing enough room for more padding in winter.

I'm tempted to go for the KBC TK-8 helmet with the graphics but I think I'll leave that one for a little while & give my bank account a rest. :)

The theives can keep the Montego, I hope it gives them all of the woes it gave me, although paying me for the privilege of keeping it would be nice.

With all going well I should pick up the Fly on Wednesday. The colour is hot red by the way :)

Can't wait!