Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WA - Smidsy caught on camera, page 3 of The West

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by middo, Feb 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. From page 3 of yesterday's West Australian, and can be found here:

Rider's incredible escape after catapulted from crash

Rider's incredible escape after catapulted from crash

VIDEO RAW VISION: Astonishing footage shows bike rider somersault after crash

Extraordinary vision has emerged of a rider walking away almost unscathed after being catapulted from his motorcycle in a crash at a busy Perth intersection.

The dash cam vision shows a motorcycle and a silver sedan colliding as both vehicles entered the intersection at Berwick and Kent streets in East Victoria Park about 1.50pm on Friday.

b8898814z.1_20160224162914_000_gq4fg5pg.3_0-1bcqqv9.

b8898814z.1_20160224162914_000_gq4fg5pi.3_1-1bcqqve.
    The rider is sent flying onto the road.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Saw it on the news (msn).
    Lucky, and agree with the journalists comments that "the rider appears to have not broken any law" prior to the accident.

3. If that hapened to me and i got up with all my faculties, i would perform a SMIGBY.
    Sorry Mate I'm Gunna Bash You.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 8.4 at best ;).

I can see this thread going all ATGATT, looking at the rider's clothing.

5. #5 middo, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Although his injuries were not too bad, which means maybe he is better without ATGATT?

6. Dunno whether the car or the front fork soaked up the impact best, but a surprisingly soft flip at that speed.

In Vic the rider would probably get done for jay walking.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lucky boy

8. That's incredible that guy is very lucky.

9. I'm not sure I'd go that far ;). I'd be the first to acknowledge that he was pretty lucky. However, he does not appear to have been shredded to the extent that the evangelical element would have us believe is inevitable in even the most minor tumble, which certainly gels with my own experience of crashing motorcycles in unsuitable clothing.

• Agree Agree x 1