Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WA Road Safety Survey

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by PatB, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Being puzzled as to why people are still crashing and dying in WA, in spite of Grant Dorrington repeatedly telling us all how silly we are, the Office of Road Safety is conducting a survey here http://www.officeofroadsafety.wa.gov.au/warss-newstrategy-community-consultation.asp

It might be nice if the views of as many motorcyclists as possible were represented.

Who knows, if enough of us tell them we think Saint Grant the Righteously Indignant is a sanctimonious tw*t with as much appeal as nails down a blackboard, we might not have to put up with him popping up in the media to pontificate on subjects he's not remotely qualified to comment on :evil: .
  2. i spy, with my little eye, something beginning with "leading questions"

They might as well just make the first and only question "have you stopped speeding yet?" and be done with it!
  3. exactly. I was going through this survey yesterday and my first thought was "loaded questions".

my personal was question 10 (i think?) which says something like;

"202 people have died on WA roads this year. How many road deaths are acceptable to you?"
    and there are a whole number of options like "less than 50" or "more than 202" etc.

What a ridiculous question. I can just imagine how the results of the survey will be concocted into some bulldust result. "76% of people surveyed want fewer deaths on the roads".
  4. I put the >251 for that question - i'm all for a mad max style road enforcement scheme ;)
  5. I responded, but I think it's a waste of time. After you answered a page, the next screen gave you the "correct" response!!

This is a whitewash.

Oh, and Dorrington is a twat, too. :roll:
  6. Id like to know wtf my level of concern on housing affordability, the iraq war or indigenous issues has to do with road saftey. That a pretty screwed up survey.
  7. "Surveys show that 76% of people are more concerned about road safety than the Iraq war..." Or something to that effect.
  8. Ahh yeah i suppose so. I still dont see how this will have any effect on improving road saftey.
  9. I completely agree that it's a crap, biased survey that will be spun to support the government line.

However, it's an opportunity to give 'em a bit of a (well argued please) serve.

I was careful to give non-politically correct answers where appropriate, just to make it that little bit harder to spin.

Probably not a good idea to give them your aDDRESS IF YOU ADMITTED TO BEING A HABITUAL SPEEDER THOUGH :p .
  10. Curse that CAPS LOCK key.