Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[wa] no traffic fines!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Gonzi, Jun 3, 2009.

1.  Top
  2. If the W.A governement is as reliant on fine revenue as nsw then the police will very soon have there pay rise, then beware as they blitz to make up the shortfall

3. I guess this wouldn't include the civilian contractors parked in unmarked Holden VZ station wagons on nature strips alongside main roads, issuing fines for an alleged 64 in a 60 zone and the like. These are the real bastards you have to watch out for.

4. Yes, but if you were to hop out and menace them or obstruct them in their line of work, the REAL police will let you off with a warning :grin:

5. Police still give out tickets?

I think the greed cams won’t have a problem working today.

6. Part of their campaign is that they are parking their marked cop cars near a road side cash register so that people see the cop car and slow down and therefore don't get nabbed.

Has anybody been keeping an eye on the W.A. road toll during this police strike action? I've been tenativily looking out for reports on fatalities htis week and haven't heard one. Is the media deliberatly not reporting them or have we actually gone a week here in W.A. without a single fatality? :shock:

Edit. 5 days. From the 30th of may to the morning of the 4th of june.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/news/westau/road_toll/

Sounds like to me the cops should go on strike more often if it has this effect on our road toll! :p

7. :LOL:

If only the police could turn a blind eye to the activities of all tow-trucks for 24 hours, we could get them off the road for good!