Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WA Netriders

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by incitatus, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Well after being a freeloader for a long time, I just coughed up my $5 and became a bona fide Netrider. I thought about it for a while, but felt that it was pretty much only a Melbourne/Sydney thing, and that in WA there was just no point. .....Well we seem to have a reasonable number of Perth members now, and I would encourage them all to become 'official'. If we want to achieve some of the benefits the 'eastern staters' enjoy, we should make ourselves visible, and participate. If we don't, why should the guys bother to negotiate deals and stuff for us over here ?. It's early days, but I see no reason why we couldn't have as active a Netrider scene over here as any over there. Maybe what we need is a volunteer to co-ordinate rides and meets in WA?. I wish I had the time myself, but what with flying at 0600 every morning, and then doing a days 'normal' work, and nipping off o/s regularly, I just don't.

2. i'm proudly a West Australian official NetRider member... i have my laminated card in my wallet... :wink:

however... like my close friend "incitatus", don't have the time to co-ordinate rides/meets etc.

but for the record i'm keen to get involved and totally support netrider in WA
  3. I am also a card carrying WA member (well actually i cant find my card :oops: ).
    I am also up for some meets/rides but I also don’t have the time to be an organiser. I think I would end up letting people down because I wouldn’t be able to devote the time required.

I would be happy to help out from time to time, but i think someone else would have to take the lead on this.
  4. I'm a Melbourne member but i'll be moving to WA next month. I'll be more than happy to join the festivities :)
  5. sweet....
    keep in touch crumpetman
  6. I'd love to become a WA member of netriders.

unfortunatly i dont have a bike or license yet so hold onto that thought ;)
  7. I consider myself an honorary WA Netrider since WA is, and always will be home for me.
  8. Ditto. Can someone please have a beer for me at the Como Hotel?

9. Already have done VtrElmarco :grin:
    We were in Perth looking for a place to live earlier this week. Awesome Pub. Oh, and we'll be in Fremantle.
  10. freo has some good areas and some bad areas.
    but definatly a good place to live (wa i mean) ;)

Never had the chance to pop on down to the como, im a north of the river guy and spend more time up round subiaco and northbridge.

Maybe when i have my license and a bike there should be some sort of WA meet, not sure who else would be interested, but id sure like to meet other riders around these here parts :):)