Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[WA] It's this kind of scum that ruin it for all

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Whipster, Apr 10, 2008.

1. EDIT:

Sorry, I posted a big huge rant here, then noticed on re-reading the news article on which it was based that I mis-interpreted the facts. So, I've just cleared this post. Mods, please feel free to delete this thread if you see fit.

If you want to see the article that sparked my rage, click here:

Apologies :oops:
  2. It'd be interesting to see a drunk motorcyclist on the phone doing 55.5 m/s...
  3. Damn, somebody saw my post before I fixed it :LOL: :LOL: :oops:
  4. Yet he didn't crash...
  5. Saw the news article on channel 7 about this. Red commodore ute the cops where happily showing off from the holding yard.

It's stories like that that the cops like to portray all over the media to help justify their recent increasing of penalties of the anti hoon laws.
  6. Whilst I don't have much time for the media stunts associated with the hoon laws, I've no problem with the removal (if only temporary) from the road of a bloke who thinks he can drive at 200 km/h while pissed, using the phone and arguing with his missus and who's sufficiently irresponsible to be driving unlicensed.

200 km/h on Roe Highway, I've no inherent problem with, depending on traffic/weather conditions.

200 km/h without full faculties and attention on the task in hand, throw the book at him.