Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VW Beetle Trike Project

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by jokerWA, Oct 21, 2006.

1. I hope this is the right part of the forums and not a repost (I couldn't find it with Search but then maybe I'm just broken). Some guy building a Trike out of an 1973 VW Beetle - click here.

2. Nothing new there. Seen a few VW based trikes before, in fact there used to be a company that manufactured them (might still exist). They used to be popular since at one point here in Vic you could get them registered as a car and drive/ride 'em with just a car licence (might have still needed a helmet though). The regs have however changed so they're now classed as motorcycles in Victoria (don't know about other states though).
    Edit: Be fun to build a trike out of an early Porsche - don't think anyone's tried that yet.
  3. They are aweseom little toys. My toher hobby are VW's, and i see plenty around. I know of one that is currently being built, that will be 2.5L and twin turbo..... aiming for 200 kw atw. its designed as a flagship bike by one of the brisbane VW shops who does trikes. his old one had a 2.3L and used to play with the bike sports bikes......