Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VVMC Stone Run

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by mattb, Feb 26, 2008.

1. I and three friends went on the Stone Run last Saturday. It was organised by the Vietnam Veteran's Motorcycle Club of Victoria, mustering in Dandenong and riding out to their clubhouse in Gippsland, with Sandy Harbutt at the lead - director and a leader actor in the 1974 film Stone. It was a very enjoyable day. We watched Stone again the night before. I don't know the numbers, but assembled and filling the carpark of Hog's Breath Cafe it felt like between 100 and 200 bikes. There were quite a few immaculate Z900's. The feel at the clubhouse was very friendly and communal, even though most of them had the tough 1% look, with a number of different club patches on show. I did however suggest to my Taiwanese mate Eddy that it was a bad idea to rock up in a Che Guevara communist t-shirt, so he put one of mine on over the top! We had a good long chat with Sandy - who had intended to ride down from Sydney on his Z, but a mechanical problem stopped him part-way - mostly about the experience of the Z900's first entering the market. He's a really friendly guy. Below is a pic of mates and me with Sandy.

Pq1TEOk9.

Matt

2. That looks like fun. :cool:
    I vaguely recall hearing about this event, is it going to happen again? next year?
    Stone is great from an historic point of view. Some of the scenes of Sydney: pre-gentrification give me nostalgia. I asked a brother from Sydney and he suggested that some of it is still there down near Mascot airport.