Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR250 Windshield

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by darklightBoy, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Does anyone have one? What did it cost, and are they effective/worth it? The VTR's a great bike to ride, but once you hit 80k's there's a fair bit of wind. I want to get in to longer trips so I'm hoping to find out if there's any merit to getting one to make riding 200km+ a bit easier on the chest...

2. Honda do make a screen, i've been toying with getting one for a while, i think they're around $140.

if not i've heard a Ducati Monster bikini screen will fit.

They'd be pretty effective at keeping the wind off your chest, not sure about how much they'd keep off your helmet though. I tend to crouch down lower to the tank on mine when i get at speed, the instruments deflect the wind upwards :LOL:

3. as if you would anyway !!

:p

4. I got a national cycle wind sheild ,for $200.
    It sits on the handle bars and once you set it up ,you can put it on and take it off ,in 20 seconds ,with no tools .

5. I got the Genuine Honda aftermarket windscreen. The RRP is $140, but they gave me mine for $120.

They do deflect the wind, but for it be really effective you need to crouch down behind it.