Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR250 windscreen on ebay, any good?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by OscarA, Oct 27, 2009.

1. After writing of my Zeal a few weeks back I'm putting the payout towards a 2006 VTR250 which I pick up this weekend. One of the things I hated about my Zeal was the wind blast being a naked. The VTR will be very similar so I've been looking around for windscreen and I saw this one on ebay

Doesn't look to bad but not sure how good it'll work so who has one and what do you think of it?
    Any other windscreens on the market for other models that'll fit the VTR250?
    I read somewhere that the Ducatis fit but couldn't find that post again so not sure if it was for a specific Ducati model or all naked models.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Practical but ugly
    (not for me :]
  3. I have a similar size windscreen on my VTR and find it pretty useless. It will protect from the wind only if you lie on the tank.
  4. Thanks, appreciate the replies.
    The screen does look rather small with no real shape to direct wind around or over you so I'll give it a miss.
  5. ...yes, better invest in some Oggy knobs if you don't have them yet...
  6. Yes I've been thinking about the Oggy Knobs.
    How easy are they to install, is it just a case of screwing them in or will drilling be involved.
    Any ideas on how much and where from.
    I thought the new VTR250's being such a popular bike and now being around 10 years there would be 100's of sites selling stuff but most of what I find on line is for the older 1980's VTR. ](*,)

I've starting ringing wreckers looking for a windscreen and keep getting the same reply "VTRs don't come with windscreens do they". They don't but Honda do make a windscreen for them and with so many after market screens I'm surprised at the response I'm getting.
  7. Last year I paid for Oggy Knobs $130. They serviced the bike and installed them at local Honda dealer. Can't remember exactly how much I paid, it was about $300-$400 including full bike service, Oggy Knobs and labour associated with it.
  8. Oggy's are easy on the VTR. The set comes with instructions and is basically take off the engine bolt cover and engine bolt from the side of the frame (do one side at a time or something may drop), put the bolt through a small metal cup/bracket and reinstall with some loctite. Oggy knob goes back over the cup/bracket and an allen key tightens it on.
    Shouldn't take too long to do.

9. Thanks guys I'll look into it.