Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR250 Tacho

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Guest, Feb 10, 2006.

1. I was wondering, whether it would be possible connect the 2003+ Tacho, Speedo assembly to an earlier model VTR250 ? A tacho is something that I would want so please don't tell me, "its only a 250"

Thanks Tim :grin:

2. Sorry can't help - but mine doesn't have one either (2002 model) - have managed to do 10,000km+ in a year without it - but am looking forward to having one on the next bike :grin:
  3. I'm interested too for my 2000 model. I'm always interested in the one on my car.
  4. i was asking about this on another site and i'm assured it can be done - both models use the same bracket. you would have to replace the whole tach/speedo unit which down the track may cause potential buyers to notice that your model shouldn't have it fitted and (rightyl) not trust the kms on there.

there was a 2003 tach/speedo unit with 0km going on eBay a couple of months ago for about $150. i'd be interested to know how much honda charge new.