Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR250 Suspesion

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by GROOV3, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Hi All

I have a vtr250, owned it for about 2 months im about 80kg 6ft and ive noticed the rear is very soft and sags quite alot when i sit down etc.

does any one know if you can adjust this or am i stuck with this till i upgrade?

2. Can bump up the rear preload. Easy job if you have the tool.. If you are mechanically really bad and its easily accessible your bike shop should do it for free as it would only takes 10 seconds.
  3. how many kays on the clock? if its more than 40k, its probably cause its getting a bit long in the tooth. you can go to the wreckers and pick up a decent one for $200 or get your one refurbed.

you'll need a crescent wrench to adjust the preload.
  4. its got 6000kms on it. bike is an 03 one.

i might try to speak to honda, i dont have the tool to do it so might be easier to just get some one else to look.

5. Yeah I just was at my local shop and mentioned it and they did it on the spot. If its accessible easily (pretty sure it is on the vtr) it only does take a few seconds.
  6. if you have a spare (doesn't have to be if your confident) oil filter remover grind the head of the pivot pin and replace it with a bolt of same size, still works as an oil filter remover but now doubles as a spring preload adjuster

i did one and it works great :)