Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR250 Storage

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by andregasket, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

This is my first post so I apologize if i'm breaking any rules.

I've had my VTR250 for a few months now and love it - I Just wish it had a little more storage space! (one mate described the section under the seat as a single business card holder!)

I've been searching various forums but can't seem to find much about it.

I usually carry a backpack but would just like a little more space on the bike itself. I'm not really keen on the look of ventura racks or pannier bags so was thinking of doing something like this;

Before I destroy a contained and get in trouble with the better half, Has anyone done something similar to this or have any better ideas? I'd like it to be somewhat secure, but also reasonably hidden.

cheers for any help

Andre :)
  2. Small tail bag would hold just as much, no cutting required, remove it when you don't need it, don't have to take the seat off to access your stuff. Just straps down to the pillion seat.

3. Whoops, done - sorry!

Thanks iClint, I was hoping to have something a little more secure - I'll be parking in the city a fair bit and don't want to have to lug things around uni with me. The aim is to just have some spares (eg headlight globe, cargo net, etc) in case I need them.