Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR250 & new radiator required :-(

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by ceska, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Hi,

I'm in an unfortunate situation where i was on a ride earlier this wk & a stone must have flicked up & caused a hole in my radiator (yes bike overheated on the nite).

The bike is 6-mths old in total & the problem is that this scenario doesn't fit into a warranty job given its not a manufacturing fault :(

I've been quoted $685 for a new radiator, with labor on top no doubt. I'll have more info on Monday as to cost of repair to my original radiator... yet can anyone make any suggestions as to the pro's & con's of doing either job etc?

Is it best to repair or replace? Who's fair with Honda parts? Genuine vs. Non Genuine? Can the wk be done by a non authorised repairer?

2. There should be no need to replace the radiator for a small hole. Just take it to any decent radiator joint and they should be able to solder it up for a very reasonable price. No need to panic about buying a brand newy
  3. Thanks Roarin, the hole's been fixed & radiator flushed with coolant - beastie is patiently waiting for me to pick her up!
    220 is far better than 685 coin wise too!!