Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR250 Luggage

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by kermitdafrog, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm planning on going to Sydney Uni next year and am thinking of getting a VTR 250 for commuting. I am currently trying to plan/budget all the logistics of getting a motorbike. The tricky part is with bags, because I've come to the conclusion that I need something waterproof I can leave on the bag that I can put my riding gear in whilst at uni (e.g. Kriega US-20), a way to secure a helmet, and then a backpack or something to put my laptop and uni stuff in.

Any suggestions on the best way to go about this? I really don't want to be carrying my gear around with me all the time...

Thanks in advance.
  2. What year VTR250?

Newer ones (post 09??) have helmet hooks and tie down points.

For uni you only need a clipboard some paper and a pen. File your notes when you get home (as a review) -- well that's how it was in my day!
  3. Get the US20 + locker that can fit your helmet and gears?
  4. My 2007 VTR has a helmet lock and tie down points, but I'd never leave my helmet with the bike. Too many arsehats around who would cut the straps for the hell of it.

Get a locker.
  5. Personally I wouldnt leave 'soft luggage' on a bike un attended, thought about a top box? lockable, waterproof, holds helmet gloves and depends on size you get alot more.
  6. I'm looking at 1999-2001 models. I guess I'm trying to find a contingency in the case that I can't get a locker.

I have thought about using a Xena motion lock as a deterrent but obviously there isn't anything I can do to completely prevent theft.
    Also, I have pretty much ruled out a top box because they simply ruin the look haha. And I also want something which is easy to take off when I don't need it.

Really, I'm asking what are some specific products that aren't too expensive that I can look into that suit my situation? Also, can anyone recommend good backpacks that could hold a 15-inch notebook, lunch and perhaps a small folder?