Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vtr250 instrument

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by TJ, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Came off the vtr recently, little entanglement involving an unsuccessful superman impersonation and a tree. Had to replace the instrument cluster (speedo only, pre 03 style) and the bulb's out. Since I've got to lift the cover to get to the bulb anyway, was thinking of rolling back the k's to match the actual (just above 14k v. 48k shown now).
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice on this? I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread on it here before but couldn't find it in a search. I know it's generally frowned on because it seems dodgy, but as my previous speedo was smashed there's no official k's on the engine anyway.

Cheers guys

2. I dont think you'll get much help with 8 posts on this one.

3. Well, if it's genuine engine kays, no worry. If you're doing a dodgey, though...

4. well, after an hour of wrestling with the plastic piece of crap casing this afternoon I managed to come to the conclusion that my hand held ratchet is not up to the job of removing the bracket (needed to get the full casing off), so I dont think it'd be a problem :p
    Taking it in to a dealership tomorrow in lieu of finding proper tools before then, so i guess it doesnt matter any way

5. I know it's said a lot around these parts, but... use the money you'll spend at the dealership and buy the right tools!