Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR250 Headlight

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by virtual_circuit, Jun 4, 2008.

1. When i bought the bike it had a small screen and i decided to remove it as i like the look of the naked bikes without the screens. Anyways now that i have the bolts removed from either side of the headlight i check and they don't actually screw into the headlight as in there is no thread in the headlight and they are slightly smaller than the holes. I am guessing that there were nuts on the inside of the headlight that were holding it all together. But thought i would check before i go dismantling the whole assembly. :p

2. I'll buy the small screen off you if it looks alright

Send me a PM
  3. If it's anything like my old hornet's headlight you are correct and there are nuts on the inside of the headlight assembly. If you're lucky it'll all bolt together ok but you might need to open up the headlight to get the nuts in the correct postion if they've come lose.
  4. Cheers i will give it a crack this afternoon, might research a brighter headlight bulb while i am at it.
  5. Yep, there's a small nut on the inside of the headlight assembly. You just undo a few screws and the headlight will come out of the "cup". Inside you'll find a rat's-nest of wiring and so forth.
  6. Alright cool pulled it apart this evening while i was cleaning my chain and out poped the two nuts :p too easy. Cheers