Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

vtr250 custom parts?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by flyindutchie, Jun 24, 2010.

1. hey people

ive just bought a vtr250 99, and had a staintune fitted, sounds like a mini duke! however since i will have her for the next 2.5 years, i want to fit her with a few custom parts, but i am finding it hard to find anyone who stocks bits and pieces for the vtr. can anyone recomend me anyone who will stock?

im looking at

- streetfighter straight bars
    - seat conversion from 2 - 1
    - headlight conversion (double instead of single)
    - new tacho/speedo
    - fender elimator
    - custom rear lights

does anyone have any pics or info on their vtr250 projects? any ideas or help would be appreciated
  2. For streetfighter bars, go with the Renthal 7/8 bars. You can get those at MCAS

Try looking here for some stuff. Ive used them before and theyre pretty good
  3. google .jp.

there will be more parts in Japan for these smaller bikes
  4. Don't always search for bolt on upgrades.

If you really want to make it custom, then have a close look at how each part works/connects etc and just find something that will fit (or rig it to fit :p)

I've seen some really nice vtr250's going around.. just stay away from bar end mirrors ;)
  5. There's a good thread on perthbikes about a guy who re-did his banged up vtr250
  6. cool will check out. im heading down to the wreckers over the weekend and a few spare parts stores to see what they are selling. my first project, should be fun