Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR250 - Adjusting Front Brake Lever

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Haggismaen, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Gday to all, beautiful looking day for a ride if your in Sydney no?

However before said ride takes place I would like to tighten up my front brake lever. The brakes are in good condition, and the brake light engages nice and early but I would be more comfortable if the actual braking action began a little earlier on the levers journey inwards.

Could somebody please guide me through this (with VTR250-specific instructions please, unless its the same for all makes/models), providing it is indeed possible? I have searched both the Netrider forums and the web in general but can find no useful info.

Thanks in advance guys, and have fun out there this weekend.
  2. from memory, push your lever away from you and turn the adjuster knob
  3. Hmmm, where would this knob be?

There is one on the clutch lever, but around the front brake lever (and on the brake unit itself) I see only various nuts (hehehe).
  4. it should be a ring like doovie. Looks like a coin standing on its end with the outer edge knurled.

It may be just a knob with numbers on it.

Take a pic of your lever set, post it up and i can point you in the right direction.

Ive not owned a vtr250
  5. Sorry dood, no idea.
  6. It has a different lever to the Spada, the Spada has the adjustment that Vic is talking about. Seems odd they would skimp on that for the VTR.
  7. Unfortunately, the VTR250 does not have an adjustable front lever. Has adjustable rear brake pedal.
  8. Ahh damn, bit of an poor oversight if you ask me. Thanks for clearing that up Jbot.