Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR two-fiddy exhaust mod alternatives

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Scrambles, Jul 28, 2006.

1. The title says it all yes? I have been looking for alternatives to the $675 staintunes, as I get discouraged when adding $60 fitting cost on top that comes to about 12% of the total bike cost!

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Ps. My reasons are purley cosmetic and aural, I understand its only a 250 and there is little I could outside buying a new bike to vastly improve performance. :)

3. Well yeah it will be a long term thing (At the very least until my license becomes unrestricted).
    I am all for buying a staintune if thats the only alternative: quality product, ozzy made, bit of a value addition etc), I was just a little bewildered as there are so many fellow VTR riders out there but only one aftermarket exhaust manufacturer.

4. we have one of our group riders on a vtr250, who now sports a neat little chrome exhaust and awesome note. grand total cost of the can was $56 and then a few bucks for fitting. looks and sounds great. the can its self is a megaphone shape. ie it goes from a narrow diametre to bigger diametre and was purchased from the local honda shop up here.

my partners 250 has a muzzy can fitted. nice note also.

5. Any idea on brand?

6. I'm interested in finding out the brand too, maybe see if there's a supplier down here

7. if you want to get a staintune, dont worry about getting someone to fit it, an old lady in a wheel chair could install it, all you need is a hack saw, allen keys and a couple of sockets. i did the job on my front lawn in about 5 mins. and they sound friggin nice.
    cheers

8. There are a couple of manufacturers.

I have a carbon firbe Roo Racing pipe on mine.

Definately sounds the goods and most people are suprised that it is a 250

9. Yeah true but my biggest concern is the cost of the muff itself (Easy everybody....MUFFler), thats the real reason I'm shopping around.

10. I have a mate who can do cans for ya for around the 250,300 dollar mark and they are the goods. Sound sweet and look great. Pm me if ya want a phone number or advice. Cheers Paul

11. there is no brand on it. but i will contact glen at honda shop and ask him more and let you know. it works well. jsut need to freate a clamp for it and it jsut slips on.

12. gidday i got a mega cycle pipe for my vtr 250
    sound like 750
    but i get a heap more mide range and top end and more talk as well
    hope this helps

13. Just debaffle the stock exhaust.

14. Madaz make a vtr250 pipe, bit cheaper than Staintune. mate of mine has one, looks great and sounds freakin awesome. Not super cheap tho.