Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR Headlight & Speedo

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Farab, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Hi All, Just bought aVTR 250. Very exited, my first bike. A bit of a project though. Previous owner put it down - smashed headlight, casing, brackets as well as speedo unit Has any one got advice on what I can use to replace my VTR 250's headlight and Speedo unit $700 for a new speedo unit and about $500 in total to replace the headlight, casing and brackets. I was told any 7 inch bike light will do the job. Brackets? Thanks for any advice.

2. Hey Farab, firstly welcome to netrider...

Have you thought of getting parts from the wreckers? If you don't need brand new, this should be a cheaper option. If your bike was put down by the previous owner I'm assuming it has scratches elsewhere, so I'm sure second hand parts won't look out of place. Try the findapart website as I have had luck using that before, you specify the parts you're after and get email replies with quotes from various wreckers. Saves you running around :)

Good luck

3. Thanks for that, I just went and lodged a search on findapart.

4. what year VTR? did it have the tacho? or did it pre date it? make sure you ask the wrecker for the right model!

5. Thanks. 1998 - speedo only unit. Was thinking of installing a digital speedo from Botany Honda - doesn't look the best though...

6. there's a honda dealer in botany???? where??

7. http://www.austreetfighter.com.au/c...DUCTS Dash unit... A serious peice of kit.

8. Thanks for that. Botany - in Auckland, NZ - Sorry should have mentioned that!

9. I might be selling mine (headlight and speedo) in about 3-6months, once I fit the custom one. I have a knew top and back cover for the speedo, just bought. The headlight has a little scratch on one side, but the brackets are perfect.