Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

vtr 250 or cb600 hornet

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by kyan, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Looking for advice on my first bike. I had my mind set on a vtr250 but am now thinking it may not be the best as iam 6'1 and it might be a bit small?

Now looking at a cb600 hornet.. which I can also ride as the q-ride iam doing will give me an open licence.

my budget will probably get me a 2002-3 vtr with 20000km on it or a 1999 cb600 with 40000 or so km on it...

how many km is the hornet good for? i am after advice
  2. Why screw around with a 250? Enjoy the 600!
  3. Like any late honda, over 100'000 easy if treated right. Some can do 160'000.
  4. if you fit the hornet 600, the 900 is a tiny bit bigger with a lot more bang for ya buck!! Plenty of them around as well.

5. Mine has 106,000 kms on it and it's as good as the day I bought it at 54,000. Go the Hornet. When you're in the middle of a group of cars and you want to be gone, the Hornet will GO!!!

GET ONE!! lol

How many K's? well I know a guy in the UK who bought his 1998 Hornet 600 brand new when it came out and has done over 120,000 MILES and it's still going strong.
  7. :WStupid: :WStupid: :WStupid:

I guess I'd better jump in too .. ( recently converted ) and LOVING it
    Go HORNET !!!!! You WONT be SORRY !!!
  8. Thanks for the feedback. Certainly seems to be some passionate Hornet owners around which is a good sign. Just need to seel this piece of crapper car and find me a nice horn.
  9. A few nice hornets on bikesales.com.au