Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR 250 Clunking noise

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Farab, May 15, 2007.

1. 1) I keep on hearing a clunking noise coming from what seems to be directly from under the fuel tank - basically from the "middle" of the bike. This only happens when driving on a bumpy piece of road. Any ideas?
    2) Also what range can I expect with a full tank?

2. is your fuel tank tight? could possibly be the forks or rear shocks bottoming out?

depending on how you ride and what fuel you get, you should expect 200 - 220 before you hit reserve
  3. Pretty shure the forks are ok - has been off the bike and serviced, etc. Its not bottoming out. I don't have to go over anything particulary rough. A man hole cover, etc. & I will hear the clunk.

Could be the fuel tank, as I had that off (more like lifted it up) to change the rear spark plug...Feels pretty secure though.
    What should I be looking for?
  4. Depends on your bikes set up, but it may be a rubber stop is missing. My bike does this a bit over speed humps.

[edit; On your tank]
  5. where to bolts go that join the tank to the frame there should be some rubber stops there... i have big squishy pads lol