Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VTR 1000 with VFR bars

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by jypt, Apr 26, 2007.

1. I am currently in a serious positions to purchase a VTR 1000 Firestorm which i have found very exciting to ride. As an every day commuter and coming from a cruiser I have found the riding position challenging for everyday commuting. I have made some enquirys and found that I can put VFR bars on which should give me approx a 1 inch rise.

I am asking people for opinions or facts if you have any on the following;

1. Will this idea actually make it a more comfortable riding position
    2. Will it compromise the way the bike handles

2. Another option is to add some bar risers. These lift the bars by around 20mm and make a huge difference. I did this for the same reason, found myself 95% commuting on it. I also put on mirror extenders for the same reason. Bar risers new are around $100 from the US. Bar risers don't affect the ride or handling. The VFR bar mod is not that popular as I believe you need to modify you fairing to make it fit.

In the end I solved the commuting comfort problem by buying a BMW. Miss the noise and grunt of the Storm though a little.

3. I usually get a rise just riding my bike :grin:

4. Thanks Paul, i must say i got that quite a few times yesterday. :grin:

5. Thanks for the info, sounds like a great idea.

Any ideas of where i can go to get them or enquire

6. i would as well think that it would hit on the fairng theres isnt alot of room there in the first place and they already raised/rotated the bars 7 degrees up

7. http://www.zianet.com/genmar/h116.html

Prices seem to have gone up a little, still not too bad. Biggest thing I found was that it was much more comfortable on the wrists. No where near as sore after a long ride.

8. I have risers on my VTR, (it's for sale BTW....) and they do make a world of difference. It's only about 16mm,... but wait till you try it....