Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VT750 Seat Mods

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by zilli, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Hey all,

Looking for some advice, thoughts and experience.

I recently got a VT750c2...

Im finding the seat is really rough on my tailbone and am considering my options. I really like the shape of the stock seat, and realise that Mustang has a seat that replaces, with the same sort of shape, but is higher than the original (this isnt a problem, as you cant expect more comfort without more foam).

Im thinking of getting the stock seat redone in terms of the foam etc, and at the same time getting it retrimme din a tan material... So what i wanted to know is

1) Is it more economical to just buy an aftermarket seat?
    2) Will a trimmer have the knowledge and experience to get the level of comfort an aftermarket seat will have?
    3) Who could do this sort of work? Im not sure a regular auto trimmer will know the intricacies of refoaming a bike seat

Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. Sorry mate, don't know much about VT's but what i would do is get a cheap one from ebay and do work on that and keep my OEM seat.

If it don't work out you've still got original and you have only lost the minimal amount.

my 2c

3. good point, thanks for that

has no one ever done this, or had any experience with this stuff?