Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VT250C owners?

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by SASINSEA, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Hi All

I'm on my P plates (past last week) and have been riding a Honda VT250C (aka V25) and have added saddlebags, screen and Ipod mount/charger (to use the iPhone Tomtom app, not cheap but very useful).

I'm keen to find any other VT250C riders in Aus and see what you have done to your bike and what your experiences are?

2. I used to have one, as my first bike (along with a GS500F). Very comfortable, light bike. Surprisingly balanced and spritely around town. Good looking for a 250 too.

Can't really help you with the mods, as I left it pretty much stock. Only when I got the Vulcan did I start tinkering.

Just be careful at freeway speeds as you have next to zero ability to overtake, unless you're going downhill.

Enjoy it man.
  3. My first bike was a bright blue 1999 VT250C, purchased new from Freedom Motorcycles in Brookvale. Great, reliable 250 & surprisingly gutsy, especially given my 6'3", 100kg frame :)

As far as mods, sorry didn't do any. I did look into getting the exhaust drilled and repacked for a better sound and a little more oomph. Oh, and I did reposition the crank-case breather tube so that it was pointed to he chain. Apparently this is supposed to work a little like a VERY basic scotoiler, but I don't know if it made any difference....

Enjoy the ride!