Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VT250 tyre pressures

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by mentasm, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Hi,

Looking for some advice on tyre pressures for my bike. Tyres have no markings indicating pressures, no manual came with the bike. Nothing on the rear swing arm either.

Would I be right suggesting around 30psi front / 34psi rear?

Any help would be appriciated.

2. :google:
    Cold Front Tyre Pressure (Driver Only) 32 psi
    Cold Rear Tyre Pressure (Driver Only) 32 psi
    Cold Front Tyre Pressure (Driver + Passenger) 32 psi
    Cold Rear Tyre Pressure (Driver + Passenger) 40 psi
  3. The sticker on ours says 2.0 and 2.25 cold, 1 and 2 up.

We run 32 and 35 cold.

You realise that the only way to check cold pressures is to have your own, quality (preferably pencil-type) pressure gauge?

By the time you ride even just a few hundred metres to a servo you tyres will have heated up. Usually the difference between hot and cold is only about 2 psi, but still...

Trevor G
  4. thanks guys. Yeah I realised I need a gauge. I have a foot pump at home for inflation. Gotta get a gauge this week.

Admittedly I hadn't googled, but thats mainly due to the lack of other info I have been able to find on the VT in the past. The 250 doesn't seem to be a ultra popular bike.
  5. oops - I thort it wuz a VTR250. Sorry. Shouldn't be much different...

Trevor G
  6. haha gday menty, long time no see. I run 30 front and 34 rear on the spada
  7. I run 33 - 35 in my VTR, i used to run 30 - 32 and my rear tyre started cracking inside the tread grooves (BT45's)
  8. Although I love my VDO dial guage does anyone know where I can get a pencil type (to go in the tool kit) with a 90deg fitting? Can only get 45deg ones around here.
  9. I run 32 front and 36 rear. That comes from a photo copy of a owners manual i got for the Honda Spada from the bike shop in Caringbah. So take it for what little its worth.
  10. Thanks for the advice. Got myself a pencil type gauge over the weekend and tweaked the pressures. Was a little down in the front and quite a bit in the back. Bike feels a lot better mid corner and on change of direction now.