Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

vt250 problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by oaky, Jun 16, 2006.

1. hi everyone.. my son has just bought this honda vt250 and there is a problem when you try to take off going up a slight hill the engine dies as you le the cluch out but when you pull the clutch back in it revs right out . the bike has been in storage for 2 years. does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem

2. Water in the float bowls of the carbs

probably needs a fuel tank clean and flush as well

3. Hi,
    Welcome to the forum,
    You should find this to be a friendly and mostly helpful place.

The question at hand,
    I would suggest several things,

1. New oil and filter,
    2. as above, flush the tank with metho and petrol,
    3. Drain the carbs, there are drain screws on the bottom of both, let fuel run thru till fresh fuel is coming out the drain.
    4. Check the spark plugs, clean if needed.

Then give it a run,
    So how you go.

Cheers
    Chris.

4. Bogging down under load tends to indicate plug and/or leads.

A fresh tank of fuel and draing the float bowl won't hurt, but I guess plugs.

5. VT250

Hi.....got no info for you on the VT250 however I am just about to buy one...some pics of yours and a bit of information about the bike would be highly appreciated...if you have the time....Thanks ...you could PM me if you like. :)

6. hi thanks for all your help i replaved the plugs and it goes fine now

but like to know if anyone knows where i could get the decals for this bike
    thanks