Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vstrom 2012 first service (1000k)

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by zol, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Picked up my bike today after the first service, I noticed some noise (continuous chain) under load around the front sprocket from 2nd gear and up, only went up to 4 so far. Apparently the chain was only adjusted and lubed. Am I being paranoid or should I leave it to settle a bit? Would the sound vary between tensions? Not if too tight or too loose but a mm here or there.

2. chain shouldnt 'rattle', take it back
  3. Is there any pre checks to do before hand? just check the chain tension? is a rattle cause by a loose chain?
  4. mate, new bike? take it back to them, if they say normal ask for another bike to see if it makes the same noise
  5. I didn't take the bike to where I purchased it from, anyway, I'll see how things go tomorrow.
  6. Well I took it back, apparently the noise is normal, I think it's a noise that the mechanic is used to and that I guess the "honey moon" period is over once you reach the first service and things get re-lubed/tightened and things just get noisier.