Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Vstar650 Custom

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by oldguyonl, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Got my Vstar 650 custom today and cant stop smiling :) really happy, have taken it for a few spins around the block and after typing this up im ready to go again :D

i am so glad I stuck to my guns and decided to stick withe the Vstar I nearly got a Laro prostreet 350 instead but smarts took over and i ddint want a bike that would have no re-sale value later on :D

2. And the Yamy V-Star coffers go kaching kaching....... :D
  3. Congrats. I pick mine in an hour! :)
  4. And theve been doing that since it came out =D>. Theres a very good reason too, these VStars are very good, bullet proof and simple bikes.

Another very satisfied Yammy customer here oldguyonl. Ive got a white XVS650 custom.
  5. And you forgot one thing, a shite load of bike for the money....
  6. Very happy with my V-Star. Got mine just over 2 months ago and lovin' it. Originally got it with the intention of upgrading once my LAMS restriction is over, since they hold their value well. But I can't see myself parting with it now.

Later down the track it might become a project bike and get turned into a Bobber.
  7. congrats, enjoy the ride.
  8. Picked up mine yesterday evening around 5:30 (after all the paperwork and retrying some of the gear) and drove home which is about 35 kms away.

What a feeling!! The power, the sound, the journey - Awesome.

Only thing that was hindering this ride was the gloves. I bought DriRider waterproof gloves with kevlar etc and found out along the way that I'm still not used to them. I might need to buy a simple thin leather gloves as well.

The weather was perfect for the ride home and cant wait for more rides this long weekend!