Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VStar 650 with batwing ??

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by bebopper71, May 15, 2013.

1. Hi all just wondering if anyone out there has put a batwing fairing on a V Star 650 custom and if so whats the result. I have come into the new bike ( was the right price ) and mainly spend my time at H'way speeds would this sort of thing help or would it drag it down too much . While I am asking would on of the clear plexi looking screens be better ??

Cheers
    Steve

2. Can't talk about the fairing (!) but I put a "Switchblade" screen on my XVS650 classic - ordered online from the States, National Cycles brand I think. It clicks on or off in a few seconds so you can choose to ride with it or not. They have a range of sizes, i chose the 'chopped' which is plenty big enough. I put it on for lengthy freeway rides and it works really well. It has no problems running at normal freeway speeds and still has a bit of go if you need something extra. There are also 'lowers' you can put on the forks to block more wind but it hasn't bothered me. Might if I was riding somewhere colder, but around Sydney in winter hasn't worried me.

3. Thanks Tone seems not too many have tried it :)