Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

voluntary slavery

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by string, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Yes

2. No

3. I don't know.

1. for those that had been/are in a marriage or in a serious relationship, did you ever thought that you entered a voluntary slavery?

2. Someone has opened the door and let the weirdos in I think.
  3. Since the door was ajar I thought it an opportune moment to slip in.........
  4. Sex on tap. Nuff said.
  5. Slavery, we talking in the bedroom shenanigans or something else??
  6. it is pushing you out of your boundary, to satisfy the other's needs, with little/ambiq/no reward.
  7. Sounds like this thing called a "Unhealthy relationship", which doesn't necessarily involve marriage.
  8. Sounds like this thing called sacrifice.

A life lived without being pushed out of your boundary would be a pretty boring life.
  9. If that's your marriage, at least one of you married the wrong person.
  10. I may have misread it, the post seems a little ambiguous (to me, anyway). Challenging someone, taking them out of their 'comfort zone', etc. can be taken too far, to the point where all the negatives are still there, but the positives are reduced.

Clarification would be appreciated, string.
  11. Voluntary slavery and marriage? Certainly not. If someone feels that way,then as someone else said one of you have married the wrong person.

Having said that, there are times that I do feel like a slave......to my kids.
  12. I reckon I know what this is about, and being a rider highlights the issue. Yes, when you get married you voluntarily give up a part of your freedom. If you haven't, you aren't really married.
    You can't just go and do whatever you like all the time any more. If you do, you're not plating your part in the deal. On the other hand, if you don't do anything that you want any more, well, that's when marriage is looking more like slavery and you are getting a pretty bad deal.

Kids, you are definitely a slave to, even if they don't call the shots.
  13. Count yourself lucky mate, Im looking forward to my kids flying in this arvo so I can be a slave to them..... only downer will be them having to call 'plastic dad' on fathers day (yup they call him dad)

14. Point taken.
  15. :rofl:

This is a chick comment and a half...
  16. Shame the tap is always off.
  17. Only sex on tap a bloke can get is at the brothel.
  18. We got 36yrs on the clock .. our suspensions a bit saggy and our paintworks a bit faded, but we still make a bloody good team. I'm happy and wouldn't have it any other way..
  19. i can has Islam :deal::eek:wned::bannanabutt: